Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, September 02, 2004

So I was talking in July (!!) about getting things done and making specific dates and so on, and now it is Sept. and I have done a few things, and I am trying, so that counts for something. Tonight I went through the attic to check what I can add to a friend's garage sale. I realized that I do not have much junk anymore, so I feel pretty good about where I stand with my "stuff," as Carlin says. I'll take some time off in Sept. and Oct. to finally get things together and move forward.

A few weeks ago I had a revitalizing night out at a coffee shop with a girlfriend who I have not seen or caught up with in about a year! She and I see many things the same way and have much of the same interests, and she had impressive insights and perceptive comments. I left the café feeling understood and appreciated in a way I had not for a long time, and that energy lasted for a week or more. (Or maybe that was the impressive tea??) Our time brought me to a reunderstanding of the kinds of friendships I need and want in my life. Aside from a few people, I feel disappointed about how my friendships have been developing.

Been having quite the writer's block of late. It's 9/2/04 and I have to decide whether to go ahead with the 100 Words this month. I never got going with August. I have a poetry reading this month too. It would be nice to have something new to read but I just don't feel it happening. I was even telling L at lunch today about my historical fiction novel idea. I'm all over the place with my writing. Ahhhhhhh!

Been trying to get out and do things to keep life interesting. Went to Central Park Summerstage for the Finn Brothers and Martin Sexton. Went to see Yes and Dream Theater also. Different shows of course, but both concerts were great. The Finns are amazing. Still hooked on Celebrity Poker and now on The Amazing Race. Go models!! :) Next I'll read Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Hey three-day weekend. woo hoo.

Until the next installment.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter