Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Just finished editing my first fiction novel. Granted, it was a mystery involving gay vampires, but such is my leap into adult fiction. It was a light book -- good for an airplane ride to Vegas or a Mexican beach. It certainly gave me the bug to write a novel. There must be some editor out there who would accept something I write if there are markets for gay vampire novels. Not that there's anything wrong with gay vampire novels ....

I did firm up my poetry reading for June -- a town 2 hr away. Nice young woman is eager to have me read at a bookstore for her group. Very sweet. I still might have a local reading next week, although I really can't make it to that one even though I am committed to it. ... Too bad I am so distant from my own creative writing these days. I have even considered taking vacation days to focus just on writing, but for now I need the freelance money and the time to sort through my things and organize the place. I vow to get back to the writing as soon as I am settled again somewhere after this. I don't even have the energy to keep up with the 100 words site at all. I tried again this month and blech. Nothing. I had nothing to say after crafting one entry. It's like trying to ice a cake with crusted old frosting.

One good thing is that our May poetry meeting will be at a zine gathering nearby. G is working as editor at Now Culture now, so that's a good way to get in with other magazines and editors and writers, even though the markets are not quite my style of writing.

Next book to read: Getting Mother's Body

And I'm happy to say, no more spam since I cancelled all the old email, so that feature is no more. I'll drum up another feature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter