Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Wow. I am energized and overwhelmed at the same time. Yikes. I have two more new publishers interested in my freelance services. (I think. I hope.) This means that if they both take me on, I may have too many clients calling me. I can actually CHOOSE which projects to take ... a freelancer's dream. I like all my clients at this point. I don't think I'll be sending my resume around again any time soon.

Really neat thing happened today: R and I were shopping in the Montclair Book Center and on the periodicals shelf was a recently published glossy lit mag that has my poem in it. Just to walk into a store and to be able to pick something up and turn to a page and see my words. A great feeling. It was a real motivator to send more things out now!

Tomorrow starts the 100 Words postings. I am excited! I hope I can create some good stuff.

I had better get to some work before bed. I am really tired but my brain is too active for sleep. I hope I can stay up a few hours. What happened to the days when I could stay up way into Showtime at the Apollo?? No more friends. I get way too tired.

Oh, one more thing. I found an awesome book at the bookstore. Pi, the letters of Bruce Rogers. He was an awesome book and text designer. I have thought of writing stories of him before, so maybe this will help. In the letters it looks like he talks of his font and design ideas. Very cool.

My Favorite Spam of the Day: bimonthly cereal

Reyes Estrada wrote this to me. I am not sure if "cereal" means something other than breakfast food, but what kind of message would it be if it does mean that? It led me to thinking about cereal addictions, all the boxes that Seinfeld has on his shelves, all the hidden boxes in R's closet. A secret addiction of sorts. Is this an offer of a way to cut your intake? I'm not going to find out.

PS: Saw Monster. Amazing acting. Just her facial expressions and body movements. To quote myself after movies like this, I'm still processing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter