Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Sunday, November 16, 2003

I am back with a good start on a number of new poems. I've started one on Native Americans, pipe smoking, and forgiveness. I've got one going on the changes in my hometown (a la I Went Back to Ohio). There is one on starting a fire. And there is one on the church with three doors, East Caanan. And I am still working on my short story on following a dollar bill.

I am reading (unexpectedly) Angels & Demons. I rarely read things like that. (Things meaning popular paperback fiction.) I'm enjoying it more for studying the style of writing the novel than anything else. The characters are overintense and exaggerated. But I am somehow absorbed by it.

I have been promised my issue of terminus soon. I had better check on that. I am also going to get another copy of Taproot; the first never arrived.

What else to say? If I could just sit down and write out some of my ideas, I might have a good poem come from it. I am frustrated that I do not give myself the time to write these days. I am changing my priorities starting 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter