Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Can I just admit that I am addicted to watching Celebrity Poker on Bravo. It distracts me from all the work I have to do.
 
So, the Sierra Nevada College Review poem crossed with my submission to the South Dakota Review, and the very nice editor at SDR wanted to print my SNCR poem!! I was very disappointed that I could not print my poem there, but he was so amicable and told me to certainly send him more in the future, which I will. I've been trying to get printed in SDR for years, so I'll start again.
 
Other than that, nothing is happening with the creative writing. It's all freelance editing. Romance and young adult lit and lab manuals. I have the creative ideas but no time to get them fleshed out. Same old story.
 
I do have a reading in Sept. so I'm planning to write new poems in August. I also plan to get back to the gym. I also plan to start the 100 Words site again. Lots of plans.
 
Aside from writing I'm set for two concerts, which is always a great summer thing. Saw Fahrenheit 9/11, of course. Hit the Met to take in my favorite painting again, followed by dinner in Chinatown. Spent time in MA with family: An afternoon in beautiful sun and breeze at the Brimfield antique fair. Finally read Nickel and Dimed. Went out with sis and friends to a restaurant in East Hampton. Pear and smoked cheese, grilled tuna, scallion rice, cucumber salad, hazelnut mousse. TrĂ©s chic. :)  Did I say I plan to go back to the gym?
 
Gotta get back to the poker. It's terrible how it sucks me away from really working.
 
   
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter