Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Friday, September 10, 2004

I've replaced The Basement with Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio. It's less background so it tends to distract me from my work more that the Aussies did.

hmmm. that sounds rather porcupine tree/yes/marillion-y. she twists her neck to see the name of the band. another one she's never listened to. better write it down. she pulls the "new prog groups" post-it off her monitor edge and scribbles the name sideways in tiny print to avoid the other five names.

At least it's not streaming video like The Basement or I really wouldn't get anything done.

Got a postcard today from J in AZ. On one side the Grand Canyon is a glossy, wide crater of glowing rust. "You've got to take the helicopter over the canyon!" screams black ink on the other side. I think a mule will do nicely, thanks J. And by the way, when do you think I'm going to get to take a vacation anyway!?

Celebrity Wishes
Person I'd like to look like: Catherine Zeta-Jones
Person I'd like to hang out with: Rachael Ray
Movie star I'd like to replace: Kate Beckinsale
(hey, those cool underworld/van helsing outfits!!)

all right, seriously. how shallow.

oooh. spock's beard. :) back to Compound and Free Chromosomes


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter