Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I'm wrapping up some projects now so that I can proceed with my plans over the next two months. This means that I'll have no time for any creative writing either, which sucks. But I do have plans to enter another contest by May, so that is something to work toward.

Dirt Press will be releasing their
Dirt: Volume One in June, which includes one of my flash fiction pieces. It's exciting to have something coming out in print when I haven't been writing or submitting at all recently.

Today was spent shopping in an ice storm. At least the stores were not crowded! That is what it takes around here. I even bought two pairs of jeans, but now I feel rather guilty about it because I just should not have spent money on JEANS. I don't need them and they're long for my little legs. I acutally might take a scissor to one pair if I don't wind up returning them. My other purchases were all gifts, which I now have to wrap and send. At least those were less expensive. Recently my cousin showed me her $150 jeans that she bought, and I was trying to see what made them $150 jeans, but I don't have it yet. She says they are COMFORTABLE! I hope so!!

I have been writing out some character descriptions for the romance novel I'm plotting. I'm getting more interested in writing that story now than I am in writing the artsy lit one. Now to figure out when to sit and start writing it. Maybe once I actually get my own computer!! I can't believe I haven't even bought one yet. Ack.

Tomorrow is our book club meeting on The Bean Trees. I don't see how I'll have the time to read the next selection but we will see. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter