Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Friday, December 02, 2005

On a random scan of other blogs I found this one and its post for November 29, 2005, which has won my (instantly created) award for all-time worst blog post ever. The day a Ziggy panel makes a narrow-minded, disgusting statement about the treatment of people based on sexual preference (let alone makes it to print in every paper in America without comment from one person of journalistic interest) is the day I move to the outback and raise dingoes for fun and profit. As Sigmund Freud's personal chef once said, "Sometimes a fruitcake is only a fruitcake."

I have only one thing to say to this blogger:

IT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT DOES.

Based on this line of thought, please note that the following song does not mean what you might think it means:

  • Food, Glorious Food - Oliver! soundtrack
    "Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard! While we're in the mood -- Cold jelly and custard! Pease pudding and saveloys! What next is the question? Rich gentlemen have it, boys --In-di-gestion!"
I would also like to note that the following food-related items do mean what you think they do:

  • The Lemon Song - Led Zeppelin
    "The way you squeeze my lemon/I'm gonna fall right out of bed"
  • The Joker - Steve Miller Band
    "I really love your peaches/Want to shake your tree"

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Jan 07, 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    I wish the person were kidding but I am afraid it is real. And you are welcome ... you're site is great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter