Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Happy December everyone. Last night was Rudolph, which rocks of course. Clarise is the best; all girlfriends should strive to be that supportive and nonjudgmental. And I did some Internet research to discover the answer to our burning question on what is wrong with Dolly, the misfit toy. Apparently she had little air time in the original version and was scripted to have a "psychological problem," which they stuck with when giving her a bigger part in the version we see now. I wouldn't even want to venture a guess as to what ails her. I hope Santa gave her to a special girl, or one who wants to be a therapist.

Normally I don't talk of the work I do, but I just received a copy of one of the books I edited, and it is really sharp. The design work came out fantastic, and the fold-out maps look great. And I haven't seen one review that trashes the copyediting! :) Any young adult reader would like this adventure.

I recently checked out findyourspot.com and took the survey. I'm always interested in finding out where I would best fit in. After making many selections on culture, weather, hobbies, and so on, these are the top 10 towns (out of all in the U.S. apparently) that are my "own best place to live":

1. Woodstock, VT
2. Johnson, VT
3. Williamstown, MA
4. Shelburne Falls, MA
5. Danbury, CT
6. Essex, CT
7. Burlington, VT
8. Northampton, MA
9. Middlebury, VT
10. Amherst, MA

I am assuming that my preference for cold weather, culture, etc., pushed them to look in New England. The towns not in New England were Eagle River WI (#17), LaPointe WI (#21), Taos NM (#22), Joseph OR (#23). Very interesting list.

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Dec 01, 07:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No surprises in that list from my point of view.

    I'd say #9 is likely the best knowing what I know of you anyway.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter