Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Instead of doing what I normally do on Sundays (work, work, work), I put together submission packets and will mail them out tomorrow, both flash fiction and poetry. *ahhh* victory. taking the time to nurture the soul. (i also found the missing sweater boxes in the attic and have unpacked all my winter wear. woo hoo!)

The holidays were very good but not long enough. The drive north took 5 hours thanks to two disastrous accidents stopping traffic along the way. Just glad that we were waiting in the traffic and not part of the accidents. Consequently we did miss the appetizers, but we didn't miss the turkey, so that's what counts. It was beautiful to look out the windows on lawns of snow, enough to coat everything well but not to annoy on the roads. I'm sure the tri-state snow will hit us soon (not enough to close work of course, but enough to annoy on the roads).

I think our office book club meeting is tomorrow but I won't be attending. I was never able to get into American Pastoral so I wouldn't have anything to say. Maybe the next book will be easier to try, but I have to insist on putting my writing first. It was scary to log submissions in my journal today only to see that the last submissions went out March 2004! Here's to improving on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter