Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I totally agree that this approach to shopping at drugstores can save you money, but holy coupons!! In the time it would take me to do all this in order to get some toothpaste and paper towels, I could make a minimum of five times what the shopping trip would cost me. I can see how some people get a charge out of the challenge of saving money, and I do use CVS the way this article discusses, but yikes. I'm lucky these days if I remember to pick up the toothpaste at the regular store.

1 Comments:

  • At Fri Aug 08, 06:48:00 AM, Blogger Schizohedron said…

    Sometimes the GRS folks go a little batty with the savings strategies. I suspect they could save close to the same amount by buying things in bulk at the beginning of the year on Amazon, pay no shipping or tax, and burn none of their own gas. And your point about how much you could make in that time is a valid one.

    Though I do love a good bargain. I've got my eyes peeled for the same sort of back-to-school deals I saw last year, when A&P was selling 10 college-ruled, single-subject notebooks for a BUCK!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter