Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

We finally got outside after work yesterday, took a long walk in the county park, went on the shaded path by the river, me with my water bottle, so frustratingly slow and too quickly out of breath, so much so that I had to take to a bench for a few minutes. Soon after we sat we saw a small fawn in the woods behind us, a rich caramel color, and then it seemed that taking a break was the right thing.

I've made a deadline for writing and sending out some more poetry, and the walks will help with that, among other things. It's been too long since I've been inspired and taken the time to try verse. The time when Sundays were devoted to picking out a few potential magazines, revising my poems, sending out submissions seems ages ago. I'm not thinking in poetry anymore, but I have to move toward that again. I just read that Kay Ryan is new poet laureate. She seems to have my sensibilities, the short poem, that tight, intense image. I'll have to pick up one of her books and hope to gain momentum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter