Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I was sitting at the computer earlier, with the manuscript for my children's book project in front of me as I surfed the net looking for various poems to blog about later, when my doorbell rang. Typically the only person who rings my doorbell in the middle of the afternoon is the FedEx man, so I waited for him to leave the package, but then it rang again. I answered the door and had a very nice chat for a few minutes with two sisters of the Church of Latter-day Saints, and then I carried their literature inside.

Being the kind of person who analyzes every single thing for meaning, my first thought was that God was telling me (using a zenlike bell wake-up call) that I was once again using my precious work time on things other than work and I must refocus on the children's book. Then I realized that I had just met two disciples of the Lord in my yellow stars-and-moon pajama bottoms and my ragged fleecy top, and I decided that God was actually telling me to go take a shower and get dressed in some real clothes, for goodness' sake.

So I showered and dressed and dried my hair and enjoyed the lavender scent wafting around as I settled back in front of my children's book project ... and the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to see my postal carrier waving hello as she crossed the street back to her truck, and I see a wide blue box on the porch. I picked up the box, brought it in, opened it, and found it to be a Valentine's gift from my hubby. A Pajama-Gram.

Yes, he bought me pajamas.

Wouldn't you know that the bottoms are blue with yellow stars and moons ... !!

Oh, that God. What a sense of humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter