Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008



Once again
I have taken on a number of really good projects that are going to overlap, and once again I have booked up every last free second of my life so that over the next three weeks I will not be able to do much else but (a) work, (b) eat, (c) watch Lost, (d) work out, and (e) sleep. In that order. It is very doable as long as I get up early, stay on task, and stick to my breakdown of each project.

I will manage to keep a long-scheduled lunch date with a very good friend and fellow freelancer, but I'm afraid I'll have to postpone another afternoon out. I hate to do it, but these schedules are way too tight for me to leave the house during the day for the next couple weeks.

Today I spoke to a mortgage broker for an informal review of possible scenarios. We are doing okay, but with tax season coming and after hearing the real numbers involved in affording a decent home around here these days, I am grateful for all the freelancing I have. Perhaps when I am exhaused next week I won't feel like an Einstein for having booked myself silly, but right now I am grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter