Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I absolutely hate to do it, but I had to ask a PE for a daylong extension on a project that is rather large. Instead of uploading it on Friday afternoon, I will finish it on the weekend and upload it so she has it first thing Monday morning. The difference in her receiving it on time or later will amount only to 2 or 3 hours in her work life, so in essence I will not be terribly late. It's just the principle of the thing. I hate hate hate returning projects even a minute late (just like apparently I hate saying no to taking an assignment).

The only reason I don't feel completely bad is that the same client had given me two other projects with short deadlines at the same time I have been working on finishing this project, so since it is their own work that made it difficult for me to finish this larger project, it's understandable to need the weekend, at least I think so.

If any freelancers out there read this blog, how do you feel about being late and handle it when you absolutely need more time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter