Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You go, Eric Wilson!

For years and years I have honored my sad side (I like how he calls it "sweet sorrow") and told many a person in my life how it's an important part of my creative side, how so many creative works would never have come to pass if authors, painters, artists, musicians had "fixed" their sadness and worked to be happy more often. Like Wilson, I am also not for people living through clinical depression, but I wouldn't change the way I see things for the world. My emotions feed my poetry, my singing, my coming-together romance novel, and if that adds something melancholy, so be it.

I think this could come together with my U-shaped curve to bring on some serious creative writing! Let's hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter