Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Science of Fairy Tales

I adore science, of course, but this article is just too much. I hate to get all Fox Mulder on his ass, but Chris Gorski writes, "Suspend your imagination for a moment"!! Hey, why don't you just ask me to burn my Robin Hood book collection in the street, delete all my poetry, and run over my Beauty and the Beast DVD??

No, seriously, I don't mean to rank on Chris. He is the messenger, and the message of brown hair being stronger than blond is rather good to know. (Brunettes rock.)

For a fair back-and-forth, I must quote our favorite team:

Mulder: I've seen too many things not to believe.
Scully: I've seen things too, but there are answers to be found now. We have hope that there's a place to start. That's what I believe.
Mulder: You put such faith in your science, Scully, but . . . the things I've seen, science provides no place to start.
Scully: Nothing happens in contradiction to nature; only in contradiction to what we know of it. So that's a place to start. That's where the hope is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter