Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am in the middle of enjoying the eclipse, and I would like to say that we are the ONLY people on our street out there watching. I do see plenty of television lights in the windows of the homes around us, however. Therefore, I have just renamed our avenue "Stupid Street." I told the cat this, and he seemed slightly amused.

Back out to the cold ...

2 Comments:

  • At Thu Feb 21, 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Schizohedron said…

    John Tierney at the Times seconds that emotion for his Brooklyn neighborhood.

    I recall watching a lunar eclipse in, I suspect it was fall of 2004, from R's backyard at his previous dwelling. He, D, N, and I took a break from cards or gaming to grab a glimpse at the stellar show.

     
  • At Fri Feb 22, 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    How funny! Yes, the same comment, almost. After I posed on my blog then, I went back outside and my neighbor came out too, and I thought, "Oh, I criticized too soon!" He went out to his car, got a cigarette out of a pack, lit one, and walked back inside. Didn't look up once. (What did he think I was staring at???) *sigh* At least he said "hello" on the way in.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter