Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am normally very rigid and follow the APA manual exactly, but a certain rule made me curious when I saw it applied differently in an article I am editing (regarding multiple references by the same author in the same year but in a specific chronology, dates provided), so I looked on the APA style blog, and sure enough one person used this way of organizing the references. So I wrote a note to the PE to show where I found this rule and why I am leaving the author's references that way.

I don't really understand why the APA can't address certain things like this in the manual or, if everything can't go in the manual, why a specific online site can't be designated to address these types of situations. I had to search for twenty minutes to ensure that I found the best example/rule. *huff*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter