Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Upon leaving the toddler class today I passed in the parking lot a woman who is well known in town, whose family attended the same church as our family, whose children were in school with me. She did not recognize me but was very friendly and said hello to K. Were I not in a rush to run errands I would have talked with her. And now, back at home, I think of her, and I think of the memorial service for her son -- my age, my grade through school -- held right in that same church those years ago, and I know that before I had K when I would see her, she was the woman who owned the Sears house down the street, and now that I have K, she is the woman who lost her only son.

What having children does to you -- sometimes the moments are glorious and sometimes the thoughts are hard to bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter