Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Saturday, September 25, 2010


Went to see Porcupine Tree with Greg on Friday night. Put makeup on, wore white jeans and a black swirl sleeveless shirt, and hit the humid NYC night. Times Square was amazingly quiet. I got to Radio City a half hour before the show, met up with Greg, and headed in. The alcoholic drinks had blue light-up swizzles. Kinda neat. We were in the 20th row. Extremely neat.


A bit of acoustic at first, and then the rocking electric. Some video, most of which I didn't think enhanced the music particularly. Great drumming and bass lines. I was glad to hear "Time Flies," and I did a few head-banging flips to "Drawing the Line." I was very happy to hear "Dislocated Day" but I was really in the mood for "Blackest Eyes," which might be my favorite.


Honestly, I was just happy to get out of Jersey for a bit and do something adult, see people together enjoying something, feel music pulse around and through me, believe that prog rock is not dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter