Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

If I may be allowed to bitch for a minute ...

* My work email somehow got linked to spam in the last week, so now I am getting 5 to 10 spam messages a day there. &*%$# It happened right after I listed that address on a freelance site, so I bet someone picked it up there.

* Our family health issues are eating away all my time as we have dr. appts, I drive everywhere, etc. Consequently I have a ton of overdue work and more work on the way.

* I am so freaking tired I can hardly stay awake at night to do the regular things I should be doing.

* We have no time to even think about going out to look at houses again for who knows how long.

* My husband being home on a nice 4-day Labor Day weekend will consist of me in front of my computer and him in front of his computer. Blech.

* The house is a dirty, disgusting wreck and I have not been back to organizing or clearing out in weeks.

* The cat just threw up again in the dining room. Huzzah.


On the flip side ...

* My production editors are being so understanding and sweet to me about my need for extra time. I am very lucky to have lots of good work and nice contacts.

* I am blessed in this difficult world to own enough things to be able to sort, recycle, and throw away some of them.

* We are saving money each month; we have enough to put down on a house.

* My friends and family are the best and so supportive.

* I feel really good and all is going well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter