Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sitting home today with some sort of annoying cold that came on overnight. Ugh. I'm quarantining myself from a nice party today and instead finishing up some work. I'm proofing a well-written book, but I find it weighing heavily on me. Usually I can proofread without "feeling" it, but this book is one tough scene after another ... fighting, tension, uncertainty. I find myself wishing that there were more happy scenes to balance. It's a very good book, but I feel beaten down now that I'm coming to the end. Perhaps this lead to my weakened immune system!!

Spent yesterday returning things from the holidays that did not fit/work, getting things that do fit/work. I've said this before, but there are too many people in the world. Well, in this world around here, anyway.

I talked with R about my novel writing while eating at a new dim-sum place last night. Over cold sesame noodles, I expressed how I feel I've "lost" the characters, as I haven't been writing or thinking about them in quite some time now. I am sure once I get back to it, it will all flow again. But I have a hard time getting motivated to start again right now. I talked about setting one hour to write each day. I just don't think I can get up really early to do it ... and at night I'm trying to exercise/clean/cook. I could try it in the afternoon I guess. Got a nice encouraging message from my novelist friend last night, which helps keep my spirit up.

Back to the hot tea and tissues ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter