Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Of course I miss the gang from my previous job, but more specifically I miss the rituals I anticipated and relied on every year. One of these yearly events was when E would play his Dan Fogelberg CD in the department for the first time, the starting gun to usher autumn in officially. For whatever reason, Dan Fogelberg’s music rang most true for us in the fall. E knew I loved Dan Fogelberg, and I knew he loved Dan Fogelberg, and there it was.

I read today that Dan passed away at age 56, much much too young. “Longer” will always be one of the best love songs ever, and “Same Old Lang Syne” is exactly what a storytelling song should be. The chorus of “Part of the Plan” got me through many a sad time. He had a voice you instantly fell in love with.

Here's a great post from Susan remembering Dan.

Wish I could have said this in person, but thanks, Dan, for everything. E, I hope you played his CD today!! The Greatest Hits is on my player right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter