Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Just was driving around after the farmer's market, my car smelling of sweet basil and fresh French bread, listening to these great Thanksgiving Eve* songs:

Greg Brown: "Canned Goods" (but the live version with his awesome story about visiting his grandma!)

Dan Bern: "Thanksgiving Day Parade"

Loudon Wainwright III: "Thanksgiving"

Split Enz: "I Got You"**

___________

*Is this a new term this year? I have heard today referred to as "Thanksgiving Eve" a whole bunch o' times! Maybe I should give myself today off!!

**Not really a Thanksgiving Eve song, but a great one for any day of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter