Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Here is an article on Dealing With Dark Moods of Freelancing by Amrit Hallan

I haven't hit any "dark moods," but these article points are good to review.

  1. Track your success: Yes, I do this to a fault, keeping a detailed database of everything that has come in, gone out, gross, net, etc. ... "I’m not suggesting that you should get obsessed with your goals and objectives and again end up working all the time" .... oh! Well, I do.
  2. Maintain a healthy environment: "A neat table and properly stacked papers and files are definitely a good start." Oh!! Well, forget that. "Check if there are some other negative factors around you that sap away your energies ." Hmmm ... the cat ...
  3. Automate: "Hire a programmer to make you utility programs and macros" ... Yes, that would rock.
  4. New skills: I have twice tried to take a medical editing course, and I hope that I can get to do this very soon. I do need some new skills, especially health care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter