Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Recently received three rejection letters for poems. One was a tiny, standard slip telling me I should wait months before submitting again. One was a regular letter reminding me I was one of thousands but please do send again and would you consider subscribing. (Oh you know how I love that!) And one was an almost-but-not-this-time from a place I was once accepted to but had to pull from and now want to be in! I'll try them again (and maybe even subscribe just because they have never asked me to, so there!)

I'm trying to finish/write/revise some new poems to send out, but not much is coming so far. I have an idea for a chapbook -- maybe that is something to work toward. I've been given a slight reprieve this weekend from major work, so I MUST under press of sail and steam apply that time to my creative writing. I'll give an update on Monday and tell what I accomplished. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter