Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Got an offer today for Poetry at a half-price subscription, which I actually might jump on. I've bought a number of poetry lit mag issues recently. I need to see what's being accepted, what styles are out there now. I've also been using lines and themes as jumping points for my own writing.

I'm still waiting to see if M and K want to start our online writing group. I can't express how much I miss being part of a real writing group. I've even considered posting on craigslist and seeing if I could start one up around here, but I'm a bit afraid of what might develop. The best intentions often become something unmanageable and irritating. Aren't I optimistic?

I'm working a lot right now before I go on vacation so that when we go away I can focus on some writing. I also have to find a good book to take on the plane. I'm not the best at handling the flight! I have No Opportunity Wasted sitting here, so that might work. I'd better have Maryann's read by then or I'll be upset with myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter