Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All right, all right, so I did watch the Golden Globes last night. You know I can't resist an awards show. And this one is actually much more fun to watch than the Oscars. The actors are more relaxed so they'll come out with the best speeches. No one can beat Hugh Laurie's "let me thank 3 people at random who are listed on slips in my pocket" or Steve Carell's "my wife wrote my speech and thanks herself repeatedly." Very clever and really funny. (Unlike George Lopez on the People's Choice Awards recently, a show I'll never watch again. Ugh. How embarrassing that your own producer [Sandra Bullock] must apologize for you like your mother.) Even Geena Davis was uncharacteristically stand-up with a fake story about a small child at her feet: "As I was coming in I felt a little tug at my skirt and I looked and there was a little girl maybe 8 or 10 in her first party dress, and she said, 'Because of you I want to be president someday. ... Well … that didn't actually happen." Okay, so mock me. It was much more entertaining than sitting back here all night. Which is how the rest of my week will be. I even have to tape Lost (the winner last night, by the way!).

I saw this amusing piece on the net today. Not sure when this happened, but can things get any weirder?? Sometimes I wonder just why the heck I worry about my life and where it is going when I read something like this. I assume this is true. I mean, isn't everything on the net??

Cruise Gives Holmes DVD Collection
Tom Cruise has given his pregnant fiancée Katie Holmes a unique 27th birthday present -- a DVD compendium of every movie he has acted in. The "War of the Worlds" star, 43, decided there was no better gift for his wife-to-be than a full history of his long and fruitful career.
A source tells British newspaper the Daily Express, "Each was inscribed with a special handwritten love message to the future mother of his child."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter