Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Last week I went up to visit my sister and then go to her hairstylist .... two and a half hours north ...

(yes, this is why I have to work all night on freelance projects ... I drive 5 hr in one day for a haircut)

... and I got to see my niece after she arrived home from kindergarten. She got very excited about "her book" and had my sister go get it from upstairs so she could show me. My sister said, "Where is it, on the dresser?" and she said yes, and then turned to me and said, "I wrote a book about going to kindergarten. I finished a book before you! I have a book and you're still writing yours!" And my sister got this half horrified and half hysterical look on her face, and looked at me, and I started laughing!! How funny! I said, "I'd better get going on my book!! You already have one written!!" And then we all read her book together, about her locker and her recess and her friends. So cute. Much better than mine will be!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter