Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"I’d be overwhelmed, but it’s just one more thing to do."

Yesterday was a fresh start. I got up the same time I always do, showered, had breakfast, and sat at my work computer to take up my new freelancing life. The radio was on, the edits were flowing, and I was feeling good.

About 2 hours in, my friend D stopped by with flowers and creme cakes -- gifts for the new corporation. :) Very sweet. After she left, the phone rang. Mom checked in. I said I'd be taking my "lunch hour" to run errands, and she suggested that since I'd be in the area, I could stop by for lunch with her, dad, and my uncle. We talked a bit, I checked things with her on the net, and then I hung up. I worked another half hour and then jumped in the car to head out.

I spent an hour at the parents' house lunching and chatting, then headed over to the closing-up "last-job" office building to pick up some sample copies that will help me in my new work but didn't seem to get packed in my car on Friday. My friend A had come in also to finish up some packing and work, and we talked for a while about the trip we are planning, now delayed, and work life and other things; then I picked up some copies and headed back out.

I hit the bank, post office box, and CVS, then headed back home. Four hours later.

I quickly jumped back on the computer, then the cat quickly jumped on my lap (10 minutes petting), then I spent about an hour editing before R came home and asked how my first day went.

"It was like orientation," I said. I just have to get used to the newness of it all. And try not to leave the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter