Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Last night I continued writing the romance novel. No one told me it would be this hard! Geeze. I keep telling myself to just write it out, no matter how much the words suck now, just to get the framework going. I will say that I find myself thinking during each day about the characters and how they will be interacting, and [this sounds nutty as a pecan sandy but i've heard other novelists say it so don't commit me] I am actually excited to read how they will come to their first kiss, how they will handle the tension that develops between them, how they will fall in love. I'm feeling a "passion" for them that I've heard other writers talk about with their characters. And that is how I know this is the right book for me to write now.

In the shower this morning I asked myself if I will "cheese" it up to sell it if that is what it takes, and I decided that I would. The first draft will turn out to be for me, I'm sure, but the revisions will make it for that romance audience.

hey! again, just write the damn thing first, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter