Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Holy moly, what is it with couples splitting up? I've just experienced a string of friend breakups, and now Ryan and Reese (not friends but you get the point). Glad I'm on the other side.

I miss a radio signal full of Phil Collins / Paul Carrack bitter relationship and breakup songs! I'll have to get out my solo albums and crank them up.

"My friends keep falling and they can't get up/It's the same old story/Well one says white and the other one black/It's the same old story"

"Cab fare to nowhere is what you are/A white line to an exit sign is what you are "

***************
On a better note, I am working with an editor on Tiger's Eye to print four of my poems and an interview. I normally don't place four poems in a publication, but this works like a snapshot of different poets, so it seems rather cool. The questions are tough! I'll have to think on the answers a bit.

Look for "The Unseen," "Joan of Arc in the Garden," "Sharing Space," and "The Poem Will Be You" in an upcoming issue of Tiger's Eye.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 04, 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Schizohedron said…

    Holy moly, what is it with couples splitting up? I've just experienced a string of friend breakups, and now Ryan and Reese (not friends but you get the point). Glad I'm on the other side.

    I may or may not have gotten a taste of this. Our former coworker TH tried to get my neighbor, AM, and me out for a dinner evening, and when I emailed briefly and with no rancor how AM had drifted away from me and was seemingly pursuing a new (& hopefully happy) life, TH never followed up to firm up a date. I just wanted to tell her why I would be coming up on my own. ??? I don't get this.

    OK, enough high school crap. Very exciting news on the poems and interview. I've never been asked to interview myself, but at least your questions are self-guided and not administered by Mike Wallace or anyone like that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter