Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Very happy to say that my new nephew is here. Eli is a real cutie and doing very well. (And yes, born without any drugs. She's a tough one, my sis.) My dad reports that all he does is poop and eat, which sounds right to me. I'll be back and forth helping out, doing my aunty duties. My niece has told me that I must bring her a "big sister present" the next time I come, and of course I will because how can I possible say no??? I told her that I am also a big sister, which made her blink for a few moments and seemed to confuse the heck out of her, but at her wee age that is understandable.

Been trying to come up with the second half of a flash fiction piece that I was hoping to finish for a march 31 contest deadline, but with all going on this month I don't think I will get to it. There is another contest I wanted to enter, which ends april 14, so maybe I could make that one. If not, the next ones end in may. It's nice to have all these pages up on my wall reminding me to enter the contests, but without the stories to send it's rather useless. And not even pretty wallpaper.

Keeping very busy with work and cleaning. This place is a real mess. I think of all the things I don't like, cleaning is up there. Not like cleaning dishes or the bathroom, because those things are musts of course, but I mean keeping my clothes put away and not piling the coffee table with useless crap. I am terrible at that. Usually my routine is to watch Extreme Home on Sunday nights while I pick up. That keeps me motivated to work until the end, when I cry like a baby for the people and their new house, and then I can't see what I should be putting away.

1 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 20, 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Schizohedron said…

    Many congrats on the new nephew!!

    I struck a huge cleaning blow this weekend when I denuded my bedroom closet of all impractical, unwearable, and non-fitting clothing. Half is in my car, in a plastic bag and waiting for the trip to the goodwill box. The other half worries me, because it is sitting on my bedroom floor . . . and I am out of plastic or paper bags of any sort. If I don't get it up and out it will stay there for weeks. It's like once things enter my apartment, they can never escape its gravity. I think I just need one of those plastic tunnels they attach to a building being renovated or demolished that leads to a Dumpster. Better yet, I need to stop things from coming in altogether and live lean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter