Illumination: The Fyrefly Jar Weblog

The journal of a new mom and freelance editor who blogs about both when she has the time!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Last night I did a review and trace of my finances (yes, trace, as I have multiple lesser accounts that I often forget exist) and I realized that I had forgotten about an IRA. Turns out it has made some money since last I checked it. I joked with my girlfriend today that it's a good thing I uncovered it because now, in my old age, I'll be able to pay for one more week of assisted living care. (My girlfriend: "Don't pull the plug yet, we found another IRA!")

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Jul 07, 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Schizohedron said…

    Ah, the IRA equivalent of finding a well-washed $20 in your dryer. Never hurts to find a little something salted away.

    You're better off than my grandfather, who apparently forgot he had deposited about six grand in a SOCK and found it, many years later, while packing up for a move from the Bronx to Bergen. I'd say he had a Depression-era antibank mentality, but he worked for the NYC Federal freakin' Reserve!

    If it weren't for Excel, I'd have no clue what the state of my finances is. Saturday a.m. is actually Money Day, when I check the spreadsheet and see how close to the bottom of the barrel things are getting. At least with the new job there's a chance the water level in said barrel will rise a touch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter